Tuesday 21 July 2009

Last Drama Lesson.... EVER!!!

*sigh*

hi...

today was my last drama lesson... ever....

t'was very sad. You see I've been doing drama since year 7. -back then it wasn't serious stuff, just games and stuff that shouldn't actually be called drama, lol. and we had a teacher called Miss Kennedy- good times those were.... :)

Anyway, then it came to the end of year 9 and we had to pick subjects for GCSEs- and i picked drama (naturally)

What followed was two years of drama with a teacher called Ms Fox- who has greatly inspired me in many ways. :)

We studied plays such as Blood Brothers, Caucasian Chalk Circle and others.... our pieces had to be devised. I remember always being very confident of my ability- until i saw myself perform (it had been recorded). And then the tragic thing occured: my self perception of myself was way out of line with how i actually look. So a big shocker- and a huge knock on my confidence... :(

...good times...

and then i got a B for my GCSE- instead of the A i was so surely predicted. I remember being absolutely destroyed by that.

Lol. How dramatic.

Anyway i tried getting over it- but i don't think i've ever properly done. So since i haven't completely felt confident in my ability.

When it came to choosing A-levels i wasn't as sure whether to pick it... but in the end i did- my unbeatable love for the subject itself beat any self-doubt i had!

So I've just had a year of incredible theatre studies (at AS level):
-discovered absurdist plays (Eugene Ionesco, amongst others)
-did the play 'Crimes of the Heart' (i played Babe)- the suicidal youngest sister who shot her husband in the stomach. :)
-I also did a monologue from 'The Gentlemen of Verona'
-And we studied 'A Doll's House' and 'Oleanna' in a lot of detail.

but alas my future prospects dictate that i can't continue it next year.

It's been rather heartbreaking, and today was the last day. :(

Spent about 1.5 hours speaking to Ms Fox after school about stuff.... man she's awesome!

So,

I'll really miss it. :) -But i'm incredibly thankful for all the years i've been fortunate enough to study the subject (and all the amazing things i've been able to take away from it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment